Last Tuesday barely a month after the he was also robbed at gunpoint in his Lekki home, we received the sad news thatBright Okpochapopularly calledBasketmouthlosthis mother.The Ace comedian who has been grieving this loss has been taking to Instagram to express his grieve while paying homage to his late mum.
Basketmouth before the passing of his mum was billed to go on hisAfrican Kings of Comedy Canadatour withBovion October 14thto 30thand also host theAFRIMMA (African Muzik Magazine Awards2016)on October 15, 2016 in Dallas, Texas and there have been speculations around his going ahead with the prior scheduled plans.This morning, the comedian took to Instagram to clear those speculations and let his fans and supporters know that he willstill go ahead both the tour and awards event. Here’s what he’s said:
The past few days have been gruesome for me and my family,my pain has been intense. I’ve really never felt this way before. But also, the amount of love andencouragement I’ve recieved from friends and people I’ve never met has kept me together one day at a time. With regards my earlier commitments especially the Canadian tour andAfrimma, I’ve been asked about that and sincerely my initial stand was to pull out. I’ve thought long and hard and realized I’ll not only let a lot of people down, I’ll be disappointing my biggest fan and cheerleader till date….my MUMMY. I know she would wantme to go out there and make herproud. I trust I’ll catch her smile somewhere in the crowd. Thank you to promoters and clients that have also offered to move things around for me, I am extremely grateful, but I would be there with my No.1 fan neatly tucked away in my heart and I will give it everything I’ve got. Thank you all, God bless you.Photo Credit:Instagram/basketmouth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment